Remote Public Witness Registration
Thank you for your interest in testifying at an upcoming public witness hearing. Public witness hearings allow customers to present evidence to demonstrate how the decisions of the Commission on issues involved in the case might impact customers.
Registration is required only if you plan to testify at an upcoming remote public witness hearing, which are listed below.
All hearings may be viewed on the Commission’s YouTube Channel. You may also find a list of the Commission’s upcoming streamed hearings here.
Only the first 20 individuals registered will be allowed to testify at the remote public witness hearing.
Before registering to testify, please review the following:
- Internet access is not required to testify. Testifying witnesses will need a telephone to participate.
- Public witnesses will dial into the hearing using a phone number which will be provided approximately one week before the hearing. Witnesses’ voices will be heard by viewers of the YouTube livestream but will not appear on camera. Livestreams are recorded and posted to the Commission’s YouTube channel.
- Public witnesses will be required to take an oath or attest to the truth of their testimony prior to giving the testimony.
- A public witness may testify only regarding the case before the Commission.
- A court reporter will record the witnesses’ statements and produce a written transcript of the public witness hearing. The transcript will be posted on our website in the docket.
- Public witnesses may be asked questions by attorneys representing parties in the case or by any of the Commissioners.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-733-0837.
If you would like to proceed with registering to testify in an upcoming remote public witness hearing, please click on the appropriate link below and complete the electronic form.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email provided after registration form is submitted.
Upcoming Remote Public Witness Hearings