Slamming Complaint Process

"Slamming" occurs when you have been transferred without your permission from your authorized carrier to a carrier you have not authorized. If you believe that you have been slammed, you have the right to complain to the Public Staff Consumer Services Division. The Consumer Services Division will assist you in resolving your dispute according to the procedure outlined below.

Method of Filing: Customers who believe they have been slammed should contact the Public Staff Consumer Services Division regarding their slamming complaints by letter, fax, or telephone call.

Location of Filing:

Slamming Complaint Form can be found on the Public Staff Consumer Services web site.

  1. Mailing Address

    Slamming Section
    Consumer Services Division
    Public Staff - North Carolina Utilities Commission
    4326 Mail Service Center
    Raleigh, NC 27699-4300

  2. Consumer Complaint Phone Numbers
    Toll Free: 1-866-380-9816
    Local: 919-733-9277

  3. Fax Phone Number

  4. Email

  5. Filing Fees: None


Social Media